Getting married is something life changing. It may be stressful at times, but fun in other times as well! One of those fun things you get to do is pick your wedding dress! You get to try on multiple dresses with different styles, fabrics, and shapes until you find one that fits your body and your personality. You also might have an idea of what type of dress you like, but you may not know how to describe it.
The silhouette describes the overall shape of your dress. It includes the bodice and the skirt. This aspect of the dress is really important because it sets the style of your entire look. Depending on the type of look you are searching for, you may decide between various silhouettes. Here are some examples of the silhouettes of wedding dresses that can help you get closer to the dress that’s just for you!
1. A-line: These dresses have a fitted bodice and a flared skirt starting from the waistline.
2. Sheath: This type of dress is narrow and hugs the curves of the bride.
3. Ball Gown: Ball gown dresses have a fitted bodice with a very full floor length skirt.
4. Trumpet: This type of dress is fitted all through the body and flares at the knees. It accentuates the hips and curves of the bride.
5. Empire: Empire dresses have high waistlines. This gives the bride an illusion of an elongated body.
To find the best dress for you, however, you have to go out and try them on! Use these silhouettes as a guide or reference when you go shopping for your wedding dress and you’ll be one step closer to a happy wedding.
Leave a Reply